Please Donate To Bitcoin Address: 1BSdqNmnRKv2fFQUoqAnTC8xB7WMCw6Eav
- Have your name engraved permanently on the wall of Babycastles Gallery founders
- Discounted admission to regular events.
- Members only previews and tours
- Members only cocktail hours
- Free entry to lectures
- VIP Access to Babycastles Internet Lounge, with inside information on upcoming exhibitionsBecome a Member Today
- All the individual membership perks times two!Become a Member Today
($220 tax deductible)
- All the individual membership perks times two!
- And “Soda Drinker Pro Penguin” Babycastles membership cards for the whole family!
- Plus first access invitations to childrens’ arcade making and controller workshops, and a set of papercraft arcade cabinets for your home.Become a Member Today
- All the individual membership perks times two!
- First access invitations to childrens’ arcade making and controller workshops.
- “Girp Bat” membership cards for the whole family!
- Get 2 Passes to Opening Parties and Special Events
- Bring guests at a discounted price
- First access to limited edition works by Babycastles pioneering installation and video game artists.
- Thank you!Become a Member Today
- All the membership benefits of Girp Bat Memberships
- Plus an annual catalogue shipped to your address
- Come to all exhibition opening parties, talks, special events, and other Babycastles Programming with +1s, free.
- 1 “Special International Game” by a friend of Babycastles
- Invitation to a yearly Indian dinner with +1s cooked by Babycastles Co-Founders Kunal Gupta and Syed SalahuddinBecome a Member Today
- All the membership benefits above!
- Free Admission for you and guests at all times.
- Priority seating at all events (with RSVP).
- Invitations to Benefactor Luncheons held semi-annually with Babycastles directors and New York City’s top game designers, educators, visual artists, installation artists, musicans, writers, and curators.
- Options for space rental for private events
- Guest list options for Babycastles events held off-siteBecome a Member Today
- All of the membership benefits above.
- Have an arcade cabinet named after you or your loved ones!
- Customizable tours for you and up to 10 guests.
- Attend previews at partnering organizations and museums.
- Free and VIP access to all off-site exhibitions held at partnering organizations and museums
- please contact: email@example.com
Since 2009, Babycastles has pioneered the world's first dedicated video game exhibition space in Queens, established internationally celebrated video game exhibition spaces in Manhattan and in Brooklyn, and produced video game exhibitions in partnership with world-class art institutions including MoMA, Telfair Museums, the Museum of the Moving Image, American Museum of Natural History, Brooklyn Academy of Music, SFMOMA, Science Gallery, & La Gaité Lyrique.
Babycastles is working to open their most ambitious project - Babycastles Gallery, a long-term, three to five year exhibition space for contemporary independent video games in New York City, beginning in 2014.
Babycastles Gallery will set the foundation for synergy between game developers, curators, visual artists, performers, installation artists, interactive technologists, and other creators that combine to create extraordinary exhibition environments for video games.
Babycastles Gallery aims to provide $2000 - $5000 of commission & material support to participating multi-disciplinary artists in order to produce four ground-breaking, immersive, physical exhibitions of independent video games every year. Each video game exhibition will be open for for three months, free to the public during gallery hours, and to event audiences in the evenings.
Alongside each exhibition at Babycastles Gallery, large celebrations of featured artists, including opening parties, closing festivities, and integrated talks & performances, will promote a direct engagement between the artists & a general public audience. In addition, smaller performances, workshops, lectures, and other events aimed at specific communities will strengthen local movements and conversations centered around video games, and build bridges to new audiences and participators.
In addition to on-site exhibitions, Babycastles Gallery will be headquarters to partnership programs including curations, workshops, off-site exhibitions, software tools, and literature that will assist other art, science, educational, and social institutions worldwide in establishing new exhibition spaces for video games.
Babycastles Gallery will be the first space dedicated exclusively to exhibitions of video games. It will present an unprecedented scale of production, duration, collaboration, and public access to video game exhibition programming that was not possible in previous short term residencies and partnerships. We hope this increase in our commitments will bring a wider public audience into engagement with video games as a vital and exciting new form of art.
If you are somebody that has benefited from Babycastles projects in New York City, and you know you will share the values of stable public venue in New York City in which to exhibit and celebrate independent and experimental video games, Babycastles needs your involvement at this time. This initial year is the most crucial of our fundraising programs, and we rely on the most enthusiastic supporters in this emerging form culture. In the years to come, you will always be recognized as a founder of Babycastles Gallery.
Membership Support (Tax-Deductible)
Please consider becoming one of the founding members of Babycastles Gallery, and make a tax-deductible donation to Babycastles today!
Real Estate Expertise
Our most substantial expense is the cost of leasing a space in an area with a location with high & diverse pedestrian traffic. If you are knowledgable in Downtown Brooklyn real estate (and possibly Chinatown), and would like to help us navigate a great deal, please reach out!
Advice, Partnerships, Other Contributions
We are open and to any other form of support - Just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your time, and thank you so much for supporting Babycastles projects in the previous four years.
Some of our favorite events
Frequently asked questions about our Memberships based fundraising program.
This budget is tentative, but here is our projected budget for May 2014 - April 2015, as of today, January 2014.
In addition to that, we have received a small amount of additional funding to assist us in managing the transition process from storage to gallery :)
We are looking to raise $135,685 in total, from a combination of memberships, the Babycastles board of directors, and additional foundational support.
As of January 2014, we've received nearly half of that, which is enough to begin setting up the project. Amazing, and thank you all for entrusting us with your support.
Our fundraising is heavily focused on our best friends in the Babycastles world in the initial year, via our memberships program and additional individual support. That's because without a current space, we rely on our closest peers to make this project happen in the first place.
However, after the initial year, we hope to shift the focus towards foundations, and introduce avenues for government support.
We are considering various locations in Chinatown, Koreatown, and Downtown Brooklyn. However, because of the the proximity to art & academic centers such as MAGNET, Roulette, Eyebeam, Issue Project Room, and others, and *cough* Barclay's *cough*, we are pretty excited about Downtown Brooklyn.
We have always been a volunteer collective that share all of the daily work of a Babycastle, including: Kunal Gupta, Syed Salahuddin, Hillary Livingston, Ben Johnson, Stephen Clark, EMi Spicer, Robin Enrico, Joe Salina, Aaron Isaksen, Arthur Ward, Rob Chabebe, Thomas Knowlton - and many others that have helped us along the way.
Moving forward, we have budgeted for the staff salaries that will be needed for the longevity of everyone's dedicated involvement in the project, but it's a new and transformative conversation. I think will inspire people to really be free to take the Babycastles part of their hearts seriously, which can only do a lot of good in the world. Thank you so much.
Thank you for becoming a founding member of Babycastles Gallery.
-- Kunal Gupta, Syed Salahuddin, Hillary Livingston, Ben Johnson, Stephen Clark, EMi Spicer, Robin Enrico, Joe Salina, Aaron Isaksen, Arthur Ward, Rob Chabebe, Thomas Knowlton, and everyone at Babycastles!